30 Years of Experience on Your Side
If you are looking for an estate planning lawyer, it may be because a situation has just happened, or is about to happen. Your family could be facing a wedding, the birth of a child or grandchild, a retirement or a funeral. Estate planning encompasses all of these events and many more.
I am a tax planning attorney and estate planning lawyer with more than 30 years of experience. As a lawyer focused on a single niche of law, I am confident that not only can I provide you with a means to reach your goal, I can do it smoothly and effectively.
For any level or type of estate planning need, contact San Jose estate planning lawyer Robert Froehlich at 408-293-0344 for a free initial consultation.
California Wills and Trusts Attorney
From my initial consultation with you through the conclusion of your estate plan, I will be focused on addressing each of your needs. Any questions you have will be answered openly and honestly as I work to devise an estate plan tailored to your individual and unique needs.
- Wills and trusts — The most basic of estate planning needs completed in a timely and efficient manner
- Special needs trusts — Trusts designed for special needs children or vulnerable adults
- Powers of Attorney — Used to designate a trusted person to act for you when you cannot, such as when you are sick or during foreign travel
- Probate and trust administration — Making the process as smooth and error free as possible
- Charitable giving — One of many ways to protect assets from excess taxation while still providing creative benefits for the family
- Tax planning — Looking at the full range of options available to protect your estate for your spouse and your other heirs
- Inheritance protection — Protecting your inheritance from children’s creditors, ex-spouses, and other interests
- Dangers of an outdated trust — Updating existing trusts to avoid probate or estate taxes due to federal or state law changes
- Family equity sharing — Providing tax advantages in situations where parents and children or other family members jointly own real estate
- Tax exempt trusts — An alternative to a 1031 real estate exchange. An IRC Sec. 664 exchange allows for a sale of valuable real estate in exchange for stocks and mutual funds without paying capital gains tax.
- Business succession planning — Handling everything from IRS compliance to setting up a private family foundation or maintaining corporate governance of family partnerships
Full Range of Estate Planning Services
When you are ready to begin planning for the future, we are ready to bring experience and care to your estate. Speak with us at 408-293-0344 or email us to schedule your first appointment.