Santa Clara Protection From Divorce Lawyer
In some age groups, the percentage of marriages that have ended in divorce exceeds 50 percent. When you are considering inclusion of your adult married children in your will or other estate plans, it may be a good idea to develop a plan for inheritance if your adult child divorces the current spouse.
I have personally seen many situations where children inherit property from their parents, only to lose half of it in a later divorce.
I have been a California estate planning attorney for more than 30 years. During that time, I’ve been able to find a number of creative solutions to reach my clients’ goals.
San Jose Inheritance Protection Attorney
Estate planning involves actions you can take before your death, as well as the actions you would like to see happen after your death. Because we can’t see into the future, we don’t know if the spouse of your adult child will develop a gambling or drinking problem. There are ways, through trusts and other means, to provide a level of protection for the inheritance you bequeath your children, grandchildren or other heirs.
Tell me about your goals and I’ll find a way to accomplish them.
- Do you want to place conditions on inheritance, such as a distribution only after a goal (such as college graduation) has been met?
- Do you have a fiscally irresponsible beneficiary and want some protection from bankruptcy for the inheritance?
- Do you want your estate to go to your beneficiaries and not their creditors?
- Would you like to have distributions over a period of time to allow children to mature?
- Do you want to keep some property strictly in the family?
- Is there a spouse you don’t trust?
Protecting Estates And Inheritance For Over 30 Years
At Robert A. Froehlich, Attorney at Law, your wishes are my priority. When you plan for your estate, I am here to help navigate the law and protect your hard-earned wealth. Meet with me for free. Schedule at 408-293-0344.