Using Decades Of Experience To Protect Your Legacy


Acting on Your Behalf When You’re Unable

There may come a time when you are unable to make a decision or execute a legal action on your own behalf. Perhaps you’ve been injured in an accident and are temporarily unconscious. Perhaps while you’re on an overseas trip, your California home is damaged in a storm and someone will need to manage repairs.

Powers of attorney gives someone else, a trusted friend or family member, the right to act on your behalf when you are unable to do so. The time to set someone up with the powers of attorney is before you need it. If you need and it don’t have it, it may be too late.

If you become incapacitated and have not provided someone with powers of attorney, one of your children might have to be appointed as your conservator. This costs time and money, in addition to being a bureaucratic nightmare. It is an elder law issue families across the country are facing.

To have someone designated with powers of attorney, contact the San Jose powers of attorney law firm of Robert A. Froehlich or call (408) 364-1234 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Santa Clara Health Care Directives Lawyer

A health care directive is the same thing as a durable power of attorney for health care. You should be very careful who you give this authority to, because it could be, literally, a life or death matter.

The key issue is — who do you trust?

There are several options to consider:

  • Have you been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or another debilitating disease and want to give long term discretion to another party?
  • Will you be undergoing surgery, expect a full recovery and only need the health care directive to cover your time in surgery and recovery?
  • Do you want to give it to a non-relative or someone who is not on your inheritance list?

Preparing You For Life’s Most Important Moments

As you age, emergencies and other events will require you to trust others with your care. Make sure that the people who you depend on for your medical care are informed and prepared to care for you in the way you want. Contact (408) 364-1234 to discuss your options.

Located in San Jose, California, Robert A. Froehlich, Attorney at Law, does estate planning for clients throughout Silicon Valley and Northern California, including Palo Alto, Fremont, Mountain View, Los Gatos, Sunnyvale, San Francisco, Redwood City and Milpitas and elsewhere in Santa Clara County, San Mateo County, Santa Cruz, Alameda County and San Francisco County.